Fabi received her orthotic brace today. Her right hock collapsed with her last infection and she has a bit of difficulty walking as a result. Hopefully the brace will allow her to have a more normal gait.
We headed back to Oklahoma this week for my niece’s wedding in Tulsa. It was hot in central Kansas so I decided to put the girls in the back seat of the truck. For once, Fabi did not pace back and forth from window to window while Lucy laid smack-dab in the middle of the seat. It was wonderful!
The Brew On Broadway (The BoB) threw an impromptu doggie Halloween costume contest. I originally was going to dress Lucy as a Pirate with a peg leg but when I went to spray paint the styrofoam leg I forgot that spray paint withers styrofoam away to nearly nothing. She went as a witch instead while Fabi was a Rastifarian. Neither of them were happy about wearing costumes even if Fabi did win second place (somehow).
I had to replace the sink disposal unit after it developed a leak. It also had been making rattling noise for a while, indicating the bearings might be shot. The leak was the clincher, though, so I decided to replace the disposal unit myself after viewing several YouTube videos on the subject.
I opted to use the existing mounting bracket that sits in the bottom of the sink opening and supports the weight of the disposal unit. Since I purchased the same brand I was certain this approach would work — and it did. Sadly, there are differences in the old InSinkErator disposal unit and the new one. First, the height of the unit is slightly different so I had to use a new piece of plastic tubing when connecting it to the waste pipe. No big deal, just cut the provided tubing a few inches shorter and connect it to the exiting pipe. Unfortunately, there is a bigger difference in the diameter of the opening of the unit itself and how the sink baffle attaches to the sink mount. The new unit’s baffle is too large for the sink mount opening and will not fit. Looks like I will have to spend a little more time on this project to replace the sink mount unit, which means a trip to the hardware store to purchase some plumbers’ putty to seal it up correctly.
Overall, I am pleased with my work and feel confident taking on more DIY projects.
My new watch arrives Monday.